GRADE 7 RELIGION/RÉLIGION COURSE OUTLINE
The grade 7 Religion program focuses on the different beliefs and faiths found throughout our world. By the end of grade 7, students will have a better understanding of the following:
· the historical impact of religion on beliefs, cultures and traditions.
· the beliefs, principles, and practices of Christianity and other living belief systems.
· the meaning and relevance of sacred texts.
· an appreciation for personal search, commitment and meaning in life.
· an appreciation for the connectedness of all creation.
· the influence of religion on contemporary issues and events.
*Please note that many of these outcomes are cross-curricular.
The evaluation of student learning in this course will be broken down as follows:
1. Projects (2) – 60%
2. Class Participation – 10%
3. Assignments - 30%